Watervliet Arsenal, NY
Klavon is currently working with Watervliet Arsenal to develop a plan to provide quality family housing at the U.S. Army’s oldest continuously operating arsenal.
1. Facilitated planning charrettes to identify family housing need and develop three Courses of Action (CoAs)
2. Conducted Facility Condition Assessment for eight existing historic quarters
3. Revised floor plans to accurately represent existing conditions
4. Developed a Course of Action (CoA) and Comparative Analysis report
5. Prepared DD Form 1391 documentation for the Preferred CoA and an Alternate CoA
1. Restoration/renovation of existing inventory
2. Demolish existing and replace with new construction
3. A combination of restoration and new construction
WVA’s existing quarters were distributed throughout the base, which was inefficient and inconvenient, so the CoAs proposed consolidating family housing into a Neighborhood Sub-Zone near the installation’s MWR facilities.